Custard Pi 1A - Break out board for the Raspberry Pi
(Compatible with models A, A+, B, B+, 2 and 3)
The Custard Pi 1A provides the following benefits for the hobbyist intending to use
the Raspberry Pi GPIO.
1. The board simply plugs into the 26 way (Raspberry Pi A,B) or 40 way (Raspberry
Pi A+, B+, 2 or 3) GPIO connector.
2. The use of a stacking connector allows other accessories to be plugged on top
of the Custard Pi 1A.
3. Two power on LEDs are fitted to the 3.3V and 5V rails to confirm correct plug
4. All the pins on the Pi are protected from accidental over-current by the use
of series resistors.
5. There are screw terminals provided for easy connection to external electronics.
These are in groups and labelled: I/O, SPI, I2C, Power and UART. This makes prototyping
very quick easy with little risk of connecting to the wrong pin.
6. The 3.3 V and 5 V voltage rails have 0.1 Amp multi-fuses fitted. These stop too
much current from being taken from the Raspberry Pi. The fuses reset automatically.