Custard Pi 8 Ready Built SMT and Through Hole Prototyping Board for the Raspberry
Pi with 26 Pin Ribbon Cable
Use of SMT or surface mounted technology results in much smaller electronic assemblies.
It also allows fully automated production..
However SMT is normally a headache for engineers wanting to quickly prototype a
circuit. Most of the prototyping options available are for through hole components.
There are adaptor boards that will allow an engineer to try out a SMT integrated
circuit but they are limited in scope.
The Custard Pi 8 solves this problem by providing a number of pads for SMT devices
and bringing them out to plated through holes so that the engineer can wire to these
easily. This 80mm x 72mm PCB provides the following:
* 160 point through hole prototyping area with 4 power rails whcih can take upto
a 20 pin DIP IC
* 2 x 13 way connector that can be sued to link upto the Raspberry Pi GPIO if required
* Breakout pads for SMT IC that can take a narrow body (0.15 inch) or wide body (0.3
inch) with up to 16 pins
* Breakout pads for SMT IC that can take narrow body (0.15 inch) with upto 16 pins
and wide body (0.3 inch) with upto 20 pins
* Breakout pads for 7 x 1206, 8 x 0603 and 9 x 0805 devices
* Pads for 4 SOT-23 devices
* Pads for 1 SOT 223 and 1 DPAK (TO252) device
Custard Pi 8
With ribbon cable
Buy directly from our distributor (Ohm Books) by clicking the PayPal button