Custard Pi 8 - SMT and through hole prototyping board
Use of SMT or surface mounted technology results in much smaller electronic assemblies.
It also allows fully automated production..
However SMT is normally a headache for engineers wanting to quickly prototype a
circuit. Most of the prototyping options available are for through hole components.
There are adaptor boards that will allow an engineer to try out a SMT integrated
circuit but they are limited in scope.
The Custard Pi 8 solves this problem by providing a number of pads for SMT devices
and bringing them out to plated through holes so that the engineer can wire to these
easily. This 80mm x 72mm PCB provides the following:
* 160 point through hole prototyping area with 4 power rails whcih can take upto
a 20 pin DIP IC
* 2 x 13 way connector that can be sued to link upto the Raspberry Pi GPIO if required
* Breakout pads for SMT IC that can take a narrow body (0.15 inch) or wide body (0.3
inch) with up to 16 pins
* Breakout pads for SMT IC that can take narrow body (0.15 inch) with upto 16 pins
and wide body (0.3 inch) with upto 20 pins
* Breakout pads for 7 x 1206, 8 x 0603 and 9 x 0805 devices
* Pads for 4 SOT-23 devices
* Pads for 1 SOT 223 and 1 DPAK (TO252) device
Custard Pi 8
2 x Bare boards
Buy directly from our distributor (Ohm Books) by clicking the PayPal button