Custard Pi 1 - Break out board with built in protection for the Raspberry Pi
(Compatible with models A, A+, B, B+ and 2)
The Custard Pi 1 provides the following benefits for the hobbyist intending to use
1. The board simply plugs into the 26 way (Raspberry Pi A,B) or 40 way (Raspberry
Pi A+, B+ or 2) GPIO connector.
2. Two power on LEDs are fitted to the 3.3V and 5V rails to confirm correct plug
3. All the pins on the Pi are protected from accidental damage by the use of series
resistors and zener voltages.
4. There are screw terminals provided for easy connection to external electronics.
These are in groups and labelled: I/O, SPI, I2C, Power and UART. This makes prototyping
very quick easy with little risk of connecting to the wrong pin.
5. The 3.3 V and 5 V voltage rails have 0.1 Amp multi-fuses fitted and are protected
from over voltage. These stop too much current from being taken from the Raspberry
Pi. The fuses reset automatically.